The BO chargeman is responsible for maintaining the overall electrical installation and maintenance of the plant. He is also responsible for providing technical guidance for the team on the facilities and assisting the management in ensuring the workplace/equipment safety comply with relevant standard regulations or procedures.
• Responsible for carrying out all duties of chargeman as required under Electrical Act and
Regulation (Suruhanjaya Tenaga).
• Ensure the installations and maintenances are safe and legally adhered to.
• Responsible for the maintenance and troubleshooting of electrical wiring and electrical works.
• Plan, organize and implement a comprehensive program (including both corrective and
preventive activities) to ensure smooth operation of all electrical installations.
• Conduct periodic inspection, switching and maintenance for all electrical systems from High
Voltage and Low Voltage switchboards, bus-ducts, transformers, switchgear to TNB Sub Station.
• To install, repair, perform preventive maintenance, troubleshooting and corrective maintenance
on all electrical and electronic systems and factory machinery.
• Supervise the work of contractors and monitor their performance.
• Attend to the technical issues in the machine and find the optimum solution together with
• Work with process engineering on the machine and process-related improvements.
• Ensure that the handling equipment of the port such as mobile conveyors, hoppers, container
spreaders, grabs, etc., are in place and ready for vessels’ operations and on completion of
operations shifted back to the place of storage.
• The above equipment should be always maintained and ready for use.
• Ensure the smooth operations of the pump-houses and the hydrants of the port.
• Adhere to all LMTSB HSSE policies and procedures.
• Undertakes any additional/ad-hoc duties assigned when required.
• To carry out any additional/ad-hoc duties, functions and responsibilities as directed/assigned by
• Candidate must possess at least a Chargeman HT from Suruhanjaya Tenaga (Energy Commission)
for at least 11KV installation.
• At least 5 years of hands-on working experience as Chargeman HT in maintaining electrical
equipment preferably switch gears, control PLC, Electronic sensors, Inverters for AC Motors, DC
Drives for DC motors, LT Distribution, Transformers, and switchboard protection relays.
• Prepared to work on shifts and able to work on heights.
Analytical and meticulous in performing the task assigned.
• Assertive, committed, and able to perform multiple tasks independently and efficiently.
• Possess meticulous, technical, detail-oriented, and inquisitive traits.
• Proficiency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
• A team player with good communication skills, able to interact with clients, consultants, subcontractors, Government authorities and LMTSB team from all levels.
• Excellent documentation/written skills in English and Bahasa Malaysia.
22 February 2022
Please send your CV with full details on your academic qualification, working experiences, current and
expected salary, contact numbers, copies of academic transcripts and certificates including latest passport
size photograph to email@example.com before the closing date. Or apply the position in our Career page.