JOB VACANCIES : PROCUREMENT ENGINEER (Closing date:31 January 2020)
The position required skilled and experienced procurement engineer to oversee the purchasing activities for technical goods and services according to end user requirement. He must also have knowledge of the equipment, materials and supplies used in the operations to ensure the end user has what required to operate safely and efficiently.
- Coordinate and assist with all the purchasing activities.
- Liaison between the requisitioners and the potential suppliers for specification clarification on mechanical and electrical parts, etc.
- Ability to analyze bills of material and drawings to understand key requirements.
- Knowledge and direct experience in negotiating contracts and quotations with Contract Manufacturers and Suppliers
- Ability to identify cost reduction opportunities and perform technical inspection on new sample from suppliers as and when required.
- Active in performing market research, securing and analyzing market information to support good purchasing decision in all aspect.
- Assist in establishing an effective inventory reordering system.
- To carry out all any other duties, functions and responsibilities as directed/set out by the Management.
- Minimum a Degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering or Mechanical Engineering or Mechatronics Engineering or any equivalents qualification.
- Minimum 3 years of working experience preferably in procurement area.
- Experience in an engineering, procurement and also operations is required.
- Possess good teamwork quality with good interpersonal and problem-solving skills for achieving Company’s goals and objectives.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and other procurement software is an added advantage.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Proactive, innovative, ability to communicate easily and effectively at all levels in the organization.
Please send your CV with full details on your academic qualification, working experiences, current and expected salary, contact numbers, copies of academic transcripts and certificates including latest passport size photograph to firstname.lastname@example.org before the closing date.